Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Rockpile- Live At Montreux 1980


Sorry for the lack of posts for the past week. I was out of town (in Edmonton) and before I left I actually stockpiled and uploaded some music that I had meant to post if I was bored in my hotel, but I was just too occupied (lots of hockey to watch on TV) and busy, you know how it is...

I noticed there has been a bit of a Nick Lowe renaissance recently with the release of a new album, The Old Magic, the re-release of the classic, Labour of Lust and a new release of an old recording from his band, Rockpile. Live At Montreux is latest product from Rockpile who previously released their only "official" studio album, Seconds Of Pleasure back in 1980. Actually, that was the only album released under the Rockpile name as the members of the band, Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds, Billy Bremner and Terry Williams have recorded as a band on solo albums from Lowe (Labour Of Lust) and Edmunds (Trax On Wax 4 and Repeat When Necessary) due to contractual obligations with Lowe and Edmunds on different record labels. In fact, R.W.N. and L.O.L. were recorded simultaneously in 1979 during the same recording session, and they were probably the best known albums from both artists. Live At Montreux is an opportunity to hear Rockpile at their peak drawing from both their solo albums, though Edmunds songs dominate the setlist with only 3 Lowe tracks, but the band sounds excellent and showcases their amazing musicianship. There are better sounding live recordings available from Rockpile around, but it's great a "semi-official" release is available to exposure more of their music to the masses.

Enjoy!!

ROCKPILE
Live At Montreux 1980 (2011)

1. Sweet Little Lisa
2. So It Goes
3. I Knew the Bride
4. Queen of Hearts
5. Switchboard Susan
6. Trouble Boys
7. Teacher Teacher
8. Girls Talk
9. 3 Time Loser
10. You Ain’t Nothin’ But Fine
11. Crawling from the Wreckage
12. Let It Rock
13. I Hear You Knocking
14. They Called It Rock
15. Ju Ju Man
16. Let’s Talk About Us

ROCKPILE- Live at Montreux 1980. rar

3 comments:

Stephen said...

You say there are better live Rockpile recordings. I've only heard Live in Montreaux. Can you point me to these better recordings? I'd love to hear them?

binky said...

Since there's an interest, I do have some more Rockpile live shows to share. Let me go through some boxes and I'll get some more up soon!

Anonymous said...

I truly love your blog. You have good taste in music, and write informatively and engagingly about it. Thanks especially for all the ROCKPILE, JAYHAWKS, and KINKS! Your Rockpile SBD Collection should see commercial release & add to their glory! :)

Locations of visitors to this page