Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Chuck Prophet- Winnipeg Folk Festival 2011


One of the acts I bookmarked to see at this year's Folk Fest was a solo set from former Green On Red guitarist, Chuck Prophet. I've only recently started to seek out his solo material and I'm surprised I haven't sooner, thought I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. Before I attend music festivals I like to do homework on the bands I haven't heard of or given a good listening to. Even though I attended only one "day-time" day (smaller stage workshop/concerts), I'm still choosy over what bands I would dedicate an hour or so with.

The Chuck Prophet set was short, but a good sampling of his character and songwriting. The recording came out pretty good with minimal amount of chatter from the surrounding blankets and lawn chairs (though there was some conversations picked up), despite the extreme heat situated directly in the sun. There is some sound bleed from an adjacent stage, which would have pissed me off if I was him, but Chuck was good natured, "There's an Irish pub in my head". I don't know how popular this show will be here at TDIT, but I know of at least a couple followers that will be interested.
Enjoy!

CHUCK PROPHET
Winnipeg Folk Festival

"Little Stage"

Birds Hill Park

July 10, 2011


Audience MASTER

01. Let Freedom Ring
02. Little Boy, Little Girl
03. Would You Love Me?
04. Museum Of Broken Hearts
05. Summertime Thing
06. Sister Lost Soul
07. Hot Talk
08. You Did (Bomp Shooby Dooby Bomp)

(Thanks Discohoho Stu for help with the setlist!)

CHUCK PROPHET- 2011-07-10 Winnipeg Folk Festival. rar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck is one of the USA's great, under-appreciated treasures. Terrific live, solo or with band, and has made some great records too. 'No Other Love' is my fave.

blureu said...

cool! Thanks.

Discohoho Stu said...

Ooh - a nice find! You're close with the set list. A few updates:

5 - Summertime Thing
6 - Sister Lost Soul
8 - You Did (Bomp Shooby Dooby Bomp)

Locations of visitors to this page