Thursday, August 03, 2006

Up and Running


Welcome to the "Teenage Dogs In Trouble" music blog! I listen to music on the way to work, either in the car, bus or foot, I listen to music at work, on the way home from work, at home on the stereo, at the computer and finally in bed . Though my employment has nothing to do with music, during my average 19 waking hour days, I probably listen to music at least 75% of the time. I own hundreds of LP's, dozens of 45's, and thousands and thousands of cassettes and CD's.

The point is I love music! Official releases, live or on bootleg I can't get enough. When you own all you can own of your favourite artist's work, you have to move beyond the norm, seek out those tasty gems you don't hear on radio. Find music that moves you, not only physically but emotionally as well. No, i don't mean sucky, sappy American Idol crap that you are "suppose to listen to" according to the record companies and radio stations, I mean music that is timeless, something you can throw on anytime and evoke a feeling.

I have lots of great music I'm anxious to share, I'll review new, random and MUST have CD releases, whatever I feel like at the time. I try to see as many bands and shows as possible and I'll report back with my criticism or praise. My live music collection is overflowing and I'll try to post or link current and favourite shows that I enjoy. I'm always seeking out new music, so please, I need your feedback and suggestions of how to make this blog more enjoyable. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, i've just discovered your blog and i have to say that it's amazing; good taste and great music; i'm gonna spend much time downloading your material; thanks for sharing.

Locations of visitors to this page